Friday, September 26, 2014

Gecko skin under the microscope!

Practiced spelling his name usingBananagramtiles (he asked me to get down theBananagramsand then called me back in to show me what he spelled!). I suggested we learn to spell his middle or last name but he said."maybe later".  
Image


. 

Learning to write number 5 

Image

Next he asked if he could do two worksheets, so I gave him these from a Kindergarten math book 

 Which is more? (he got frustrated trying to write numbers so we went with tallies instead) 

Image

Worked on concept of One More. 

Image

PE: One hour open gym for homeschoolers at Double Down gymnastics  
Image


Image


Image


Image



When we got home, I found a small piece of shed skin while cleaning out the gecko cage. He decided to look at it under magnifying glass. He also wanted to put ice on it to see what would happen (the skin stuck to itself and ripped when it got wet).  
 I suggested we try the microscope next. Viewed gecko skin (which I mistakenly called a snake skin, so that's what he wrote), then he drew what he saw. He asked me to spell " Snake Skin" so he could write it on top. I had to talk him through writing the K and E . 

Image


Image


Image



Image

No comments:

Post a Comment